Since earning his bachelor’s degree in Biology from Northwestern University in 1995, Dr. Lemmon has spent over 20 years training in medicine and working as a physician.
Expert in treating children and adults with allergies and asthma
Dr. Lemmon treats children and adults with allergies and asthma.
Since earning his bachelor’s degree in Biology from Northwestern University in 1995, Dr. Lemmon has spent over 20 years training in medicine and working as a physician:
- Medical degree – the University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Medicine
- Postgraduate internship and residency medical training – Evanston Hospital, then affiliated with Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine
- Served additional one-year appointment as Chief Medical Resident – Evanston Hospital
- Allergy & Immunology subspecialty training fellowship – St. Louis University School of Medicine
Dr. Lemmon is certified by the American Board of Allergy and Immunology; he is a Fellow in both the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology and the American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology. He started his own private practice in 2006.
Over the past 15 years, Dr. Lemmon has served as a Clinical Instructor in the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, and more recently, as a Senior Clinician Educator in the Pritzker School of Medicine, Division of Biological Sciences at The University of Chicago; he is currently an affiliate attending physician at Northwestern – Lake Forest Hospital and Advocate Lutheran General Hospital.
In addition to his private practice, Dr. Lemmon has worked as an advisory consultant to the Northwestern University Health Service – Evanston campus. Since 2009, Dr. Lemmon has worked closely with the medical staff to review, author and implement allergy policy and safety protocols for undergraduate and graduate students. His work experience as a consultant inspired Dr. Lemmon to start a new company – Allergy Education Consulting – dedicated to helping private and public schools around the country deal with the challenges of food allergy head on: www.AllergyEducationConsulting.com
Dr. Lemmon is dedicated to educating patients, families, friends, educators, fellow doctors and the community about allergies. For the past 10 years, Dr. Lemmon served as an inpatient teaching attending making morning hospital rounds with Internal Medicine residents and medical students at Evanston Hospital. Over the past 7 years he has given over 50 talks, luncheons and medical lectures representing his own practice as well as guest-speaking for GlaxoSmithKline pharmaceuticals (United Kingdom) and Thermo Fisher Scientific (Massachusetts). He has been interviewed by The Chicago Tribune, Chicago Health Magazine and Sheridan Road Magazine regarding the treatment of allergies.
Memberships and Community Service
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Illinois Society of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
Abstracts and Publications
- Lemmon JK & Knutsen AP. The Biology of IgG subclass deficiency. In:UpToDate, Rose, BD (Ed), www.UpToDate.com, Waltham, MA 2016.
- Lemmon JK & Knutsen AP. Clinical manifestations, diagnosis, and treatment of IgG subclass deficiency. In:UpToDate, Rose, BD (Ed), www.UpToDate.com, Waltham, MA 2016.
- Dykewicz MS, Lemmon JK, Keaney DL. Comparison of Multi-Test II and Skintester Omni Allergy Skin Test Devices. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2007 Jun;98(6):559-62.
- Lemmon JK, Knutsen AP, Slavin RG. Generalized Urticaria Due to Nickel Sensitivity. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2007;119:S201.
- Dykewicz, MS & Lemmon JK. Allergic Reactions to Insect Stings. In: Conn’s Current Therapy, Rakel, RE & Bope, ET (Eds), W.B. Saunders, Philadelphia PA 2006.
- Lemmon JK, Hutcheson PS, Gray HC, Slavin RG. Occupationally Induced Allergy to the Soybean Cyst Nematode,Heterodera Glycines. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2006;117:S25.